A knee bolster pillow is an excellent way to improve your comfort while you are resting or working. However, with the many different styles and materials available on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you. In this guide, we will explore the most popular styles and materials of knee bolster pillows and discuss their pros and cons. We will also provide some tips on how to choose the right pillow for your needs. So if you are in the market for a new knee bolster pillow, read on!
Best Knee Bolster Pillows
Bolster Pillow for Lumbar and Leg Support
Size: 22 x 8 x 5 inches
Four Position Support Pillow
Size: 20 x 8 x 4 inches
Leg Pillow for Sleeping Hip Pain
Made with 100% premium quality visco-elastic memory
Size: 20 x 11 x 6 inches
Leg Elevation Pillow
100% Memory Foam
Size: 23 x 20 x 7.5 inches
Orthopedic Knee Pillow for Sciatica Relief
Why buy a knee bolster pillow?
So, who needs a knee bolster pillow? Well, they can be helpful for people who have arthritis or other chronic pain conditions in their knees. They can also be used to support the legs while you are sleeping. If you have had knee surgery, a bolster pillow can help with your recovery by elevating your leg and keeping it from moving around too much. In short, anyone who wants or needs extra support for their knees can benefit from using a knee bolster pillow.
How do you use a knee bolster pillow? Bolster pillows are meant to be placed under the knees so that they are slightly elevated. This can help take pressure off of the joints and relieve pain. You can also use them to prop up your legs while you are sleeping. This can improve circulation and prevent cramping or stiffness in the morning.
The most popular knee bolster pillow sizes
Now that we know why people use them, let’s take a look at the most popular sizes of knee bolster pillows. The two most common sizes are 12 inches by 18 inches and 18 inches by 24 inches. These pillows are usually rectangular in shape and filled with either memory foam or polyester fiberfill. Memory foam is also often used for neck support pillows, while polyester fiberfill is widely used to fill sofa bolster pillows, as well as decorative pillows.
A knee bolster pillow can provide many benefits, such as improved comfort, support, and alignment. They are also great for people who suffer from conditions like arthritis or joint pain.
Knee bolster pillows come in a variety of sizes, from small to large, and can be filled with different materials. The most popular materials used in these pillows are memory foam, polyester fiberfill, and buckwheat hulls. Each of these materials has its own unique set of pros and cons.
Pros and cons of different materials
- Memory foam is often considered the best option for knee bolster pillows because it contours to your body and provides excellent support. However, memory foam can retain heat, which may not be ideal if you tend to sleep hot.
- Polyester fiberfill is a less expensive option that does not retain heat as much as memory foam. However, it may not provide as much support or alignment.
- Buckwheat hulls are a natural material that provides good support and alignment. They are also known for being very durable. However, they can be noisy and may need to be replaced more often than other materials.
How to choose the best cover for the bolster pillow
Once you have decided on the size and material of your knee bolster pillow, it is important to choose the right cover.
- The cover should be made from a breathable material like cotton or bamboo.
- It should also be machine washable for easy care.
The cover of your knee bolster pillow is just as important as the fill material. The most popular materials for covers are cotton and polyester.
- Cotton is a natural material that is breathable and soft. However, it can absorb moisture and may need to be replaced more often than other materials. Note, that the majority of bolster body pillows are made of cotton, and it is okay to wash them on regular basis.
- Polyester is a synthetic material that is less likely to absorb moisture and will last longer than cotton covers. However, it may not be as breathable, which can cause you to sleep hot.
When choosing the best knee bolster pillow for you, it is important to consider your needs and preferences.
- If you have arthritis or joint pain, memory foam is generally the best option because it contours your body and provides excellent support.
- If you sleep hot, polyester fiberfill may be a better option because it does not retain heat as much as memory foam.
- If you are looking for a natural material that is durable and provides good support, buckwheat hulls may be the best option.
Cleaning and care tips
When it comes to cleaning and care, knee bolster pillows are generally low maintenance.
- Memory foam pillows can be spot cleaned with a mild detergent.
- Polyester fiberfill and buckwheat hull pillows can be washed in the washing machine on a gentle cycle.
- Be sure to air dry all types of pillows to prevent them from shrinking or losing their shape.
Knee bolster pillows can provide many benefits, such as improved comfort, support, and alignment. They are also great for people who suffer from conditions like arthritis or joint pain. Knee bolster pillows come in a variety of sizes, from small to large, and can be filled with different materials. When choosing the best knee bolster pillow for you, it is important to consider your needs and preferences.
About Elaine Andrews
Elaine Andrews is an expert in design. She worked for 10+ years in the interior design sphere. After she became a mother, she fell in love with bolster pillows, as they helped her a lot with back pains and other health issues. Today, she is happy to share her experience with the readers.