Do you have a body pillow? If not, you may want to consider getting one. Body pillows are very beneficial for those who sleep on their side and need some extra support. They can also be used as decor in your living room. But what do you do when it gets dirty? In this article, we will provide a complete guide on how to wash a body pillow. We will give you detailed instructions and provide tips and tricks that will make the process easier for you!
Things to know before you start cleaning a body pillow
- Body pillows are usually made from one of three materials: down, polyester fiber, or memory foam.
- Down and polyester fiber body pillows can be machine washed, but you must use a gentle cycle.
- Memory foam body pillows should not be machine washed, as this can damage the material. Instead, they should be spot cleaned with a mild detergent.
- If your body pillow has a removable cover, it is best to wash the cover separately from the pillow itself.
With these things in mind, let’s get started!
How to wash a body pillow
It is always a good idea to find out the material your pillow and pillow cover are made of so that you could select the proper materials and type of washing. Here are some tips for you:
- If your pillow is made of natural materials like cotton, linen, or wool, you can machine wash it using a mild detergent on the gentle cycle.
- If your pillow is made of microfiber or polyester materials, it is better to spot clean it with a damp cloth and a mild detergent. You can also machine wash it on the delicate cycle.
- If your pillow is made of memory foam, you should spot clean it with a mild detergent and a damp cloth. You can also machine wash it on the delicate cycle, using a mild detergent.
After you have determined the type of materials your pillow is made of, you can proceed to wash it. Here are some general tips:
- Always use a mild detergent when washing your pillow, regardless of the type of materials it is made of.
- If you are machine washing your pillow, make sure to put it in a large mesh laundry bag to protect it from damage.
- Never put your pillow in the dryer. Always air dry it, so that the materials won’t shrink or get damaged.
What materials are needed to wash a pillow?
In order to wash your pillow, you will need:
- A mild detergent
- A large mesh laundry bag (if machine washing)
- A damp cloth
- An air dryer or a clothesline
Following these instructions, you will be able to properly clean and wash your body pillow. So, let’s get started!