When it comes to bedding, there are a lot of choices to make. Do you want a soft or firm pillow? A down or synthetic one? What about a body pillow – is that the same as a bolster pillow? This article will discuss the differences between two types of pillows and help you decide which one is right for you!
What is a bolster pillow?
A bolster pillow is a long, narrow pillow typically used to support the back or belly. They are often filled with down, feathers, or fiber and can range in size from two to five feet long. Bolster pillows can be used in a variety of ways, including:
- Placing one under the knees to relieve pressure on the lower back
- Tucking one behind the small of the back for lumbar support
- Position one lengthwise along the body to use as a “body pillow.”
What is a body pillow?
A body pillow is a type of pillow specifically designed to support the body during sleep. They are usually about five feet long and shaped like a cylinder or rectangle. Body pillows are often made of synthetic materials such as polyester fiberfill. Some common uses for body pillows include:
- Placing one between the knees to reduce pressure on the hips
- Positioning one under the belly to support the back and prevent pregnancy-related pain
- Using one as a “pillow fort” during childhood illnesses
Differences between a body pillow and a bolster pillow
What’s the difference between a bolster and a body pillow? Bolster pillows are long and narrow, while body pillows are typically shorter and more comprehensive. Body pillows can also be used more than bolster pillows, making them more versatile. Both types of pillows can support the body during sleep and relieve pain.
Common types of body pillows
There are a few different types of body pillows, the most common being the U-shaped pillow. This type of pillow is designed to support the entire body, with a curved shape around the back and belly. Other types of body pillows include:
- C-shaped: These pillows are similar to U-shaped but shorter and have more petite curves. They are ideal for pregnant women who need support for their growing belly.
- J-shaped: These pillows are long and thin, with a “J” shape perfect for head and neck support.
- Specially shaped: Somebody pillows come in unique shapes such as hearts or butterflies. These can be fun for kids or anyone who wants a little extra personality in their bedding!
Now that you know the difference between these two types of pillows, it’s time to decide which one is right for you. A bolster pillow is a good choice if you need support for your back or belly. If you want a versatile pillow that can be used in multiple ways, a body pillow is the way to go. And if you’re looking for something fun and unique, consider a specially shaped body pillow. No matter what type of pillow you choose, you’re sure to get a good night’s sleep!